Good Monday all:
Well, let me tell you...
So, Friday was intense. It was one of two intense days of rain since I have been in LA. It was a warm rain. Refreshing, in a way! In addition to the rain, we were having our sample and overstock sale at the TOMS headquarters. Which is not a good venue for a sale of shoes even more so on a rainy day. Despite the rain, we had thousands of people spending thousands of dollars on our shoes. It was great. The best part was thinking about all the shoes that we would be giving away to children in need on the Shoe Drops.
We were supposed to have the whole house go to a piano bar in Universal City-which is like the Universal Studios for adults. Bars. Restaurants. Shopping, etc. The piano bar was amazing, and we celebrated Kate's birthday. I was the designated driver so I got free juice and pop all night. We left about 11:30p-we got there at 7p. So we were tuckered out, and most of the crew had had his/her fair share of drinks. Haha. Needless to say, it was fun singing to oldies and dancing. Plus, I did not wake up Saturday with a hangover.
On Saturday morning, Kate and I were headed down to San Diego for a few things she needed to do, and I wanted to tag along. We woke up super early, 8:15a-it was especially early for her because she was a little hungover.
So, we arrived in Carlsbad, CA at about 10:30a for her to get her eyebrows waxed...why would anyone do this to themselves? What am I talking about, I did it, too! Just kidding. Haha
Right after the eyebrow waxing, we raced over to my favorite ever breakfast place in the world. And, right after I say this I know...Adam, Neil and Kelly are going to hate me! I went to Pipes!!!! It's right in Cardiff. And this day was gorgeous, we sat outside on the deck and watched the ocean. We drove by a couple of hot surf spots and watched everyone surf. I drooled. A lot.
Then we headed to Kate's house, where once we arrived I found a baby hummingbird on the sidewalk, which long story short-we nursed him back to health and he is currently in the care of the proper people.
We got ready at Kate's for a bit then actually headed into San Diego, or more specifically Point Loma. We boarded a Jenneau sailboat. I'm not sure of the model, but it was about 30'. Kyle K, I wish you could have been there. We had about 12 people on the deck drinking wine, eating finger foods, etc. There was actually a downstairs, with: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen a dining room and a sitting area. It was amazing! Our captain was a Frenchmen named Frederique! I got to steer for a bit. I tried my first beer, Pacifico. Now, let me clarify. It was really my first beer since my ACTUAL first beer. I tried a dark, scotch ale once. Bleck! Anyway, we sailed around the San Diego harbor and saw a couple rainbows off in the distance. The buildings all glistened in the late afternoon as the water glistened with dancing sparkles on the surface. Could not have asked for a better afternoon.
Then, in the evening we headed to a function to celebrate a year of surfing at Kate's uncles resort in Indonesia: Nemberala!!! The video that was premiered was a video that featured a bunch of famous surfers and some great music. The club that we had the party at gave us free wine and appetizers! Believe me, I have my fair share of wine. But, I also had a Shirley Temple and a Roy Rogers.
Sunday morning, we headed out to travel back. We stopped at Swami's Cafe and Hanson's-my FAVE surf shop!!! Then, we stopped at the Reef sandals factory in San Clemente. Basically, the trip was stellar!
As soon as we got back to the house on Sunday, Kate and I headed out on a bike ride on our beach cruisers. The bike trail is right on the beach, along the water. We headed up to Venice, and then decided to keep going, so we kept biking right on up to the Santa Monica pier. We walked around the pier, watched trapeze artists and then rode back.
Once we got back home we went and rented Ellen, had dinner and then watched the Grammy's before calling it a night...
That's it for now, talk soon! I love you all!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment