Sunday, February 1, 2009

FINALLY!!!



(Pictured is the men, and me and all the women!)

Well, let me first start off by saying. MY PHONE IS FRIED. If I have not called you lately, this is why.

But, let's start from the beginning...

Since the last time we spoke, I got to celebrate my 23rd birthday in style. And, that was amazing. I just met all of the people I am living with and they already were super into planning a birthday party for me. Katie Lee is probably my best friend here, and she made sure from the second I woke up until I passed out after going out to a swanky club later that night. Ashley Luther, Claire Burke and Adam Greenberg are probably the other folks here that I have really connected with or have a strong bond with.

Anyway, so I woke up to balloons, streamers, and noise makers. It was great. All day at work was intense because all I could think about was how fun it would be to be at one of LAs most swank gay club/lounges. The Abbey, was the name and my party was the game. Once we got home from work that day Katie poured me a glass of wine to start the festivities. She gave me a lot to drink that night. So, I have a friend named Jessie Davis and he works for the Abbey, Hyde and Area in LA. Actually, he will be on a reality show on the Bravo network this summer. Check him out!!! Okay, so Jessie got us VIP section seating and free cover and made my birthday legit! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I was rufied by Ruthie from the Real World Hawaii! I took a picture with Ruthie and generally had an amazing time. Or so I'm told! Katie had to remind me of about 50% of the night. Now, I don't drink that much-not only do I have a low tolerance of alcohol, but I'm also a lightweight-that combination really made for a great night as I am pretty sure I was what some would call "blacked out" To me, NOT COOL! Whatever, the party of 25 people made the night wonderful enough. I ended up being rushed home to get rid of toxins in the porcelain throne!

So, needless to say MY FRIDAY WAS AWFUL! I was recovering from the worst hangover in the world and had to be jolly for work. HARDEST THING I've ever done. I was in the bathroom about 50% of the day.

That weekend, my friend Farah from Bellingham visited. We went to Santa Monica promenade, went to West Hollywood for lunch, did lots of window shopping, visited The Grove-a famous mall in LA, went to a hookah bar, had drinks at the Standard, had drinks at Luna Park. Sunday we woke up late and grocery shopped to make all the roommates a pizza dinner. She ended up leaving Monday morning.

After work Monday-which was the most stressful day of my life-here's why:
Basically, my job is very fun. But also super stressful. There are a total of 225 campus reps for TOMS Shoes across the country, and also starting this year 5 overseas in the UK, Phillipines and also a couple in Canada. Anyway, Larry Cohen and I are in charge of managing them. We have the responsibility of maintaining contact with them and keeping track of the events they do on behalf of TOMS Shoes. Campus reps are required to sell shoes, promote TOMS and put on events at their respective schools. WE HAVE TO MANAGE THEM. I have never had so many emails in my inbox IN MY LIFE!!! HAHA!

Okay, so Monday was stressful because we had to do web conferences to train the Campus Reps. It was just a lot of work. The best part of Monday was that that evening we went to a Clippers game against the Trailblazers. Clippers lost. Haha!

Tuesday was long, and a little cloudy. But I survived. Best part of the week was that all the permanent staff had a four-day weekend retreat. So interns had a four-day FUN weekend.

Wednesday night Devika Daga's dad bought all of us Indian food. It was awesome. Did a little Target shopping.

Thursday was a great sleep in day. Thursday afternoon we went to 826la to work with students and tutor them. It was part of TOMS Shoes intern outreach. It was awesome. I worked with a kid named Cesar! I will miss him. He was hilarious and extremely smart. We talked about the Cuban Missile Crisis, Presidential Assasinations, Obama and his presidency, etc. Thursday night we went to trivia at a bar. We lost. But it was fun! We came back and had some more drinks!

Friday was great! A couple of the interns and I went to 826la early in the morning. And it was gorgeous, hot, and a blue-bird day! We worked with local junior high kids as part of an anti-gang initiative. So, Noah a screenwriting professor came in and taught them about that and movies. The kids were hardcore but awesome and hilarious. Best part of Friday was we went to a live taping of Chelsea Lately. We got VIP and were the first guests let in. Friday night Katie and started to play a drinking game where we watched Pineapple Express and every time someone in the movie said weed, gonja, hash, etc. we had a sip of wine. Then, I got an invite to the Abbey with a couple friends. It was another fun night, I saw Jessie and danced a lot. Returned home kinda early, but nonetheless great time!

Saturday was fun, to recover from the night before Ashley, Katie and Adam and I went on a bike ride on beach cruisers to Venice Beach. On such a warm and amazing day, a nice bike ride was in store. It was wonderful. We did a lot of people watching and Danielle wanted a Rasta hat, and a Bob Marley shirt. I got her them. We found a cute little patio cafe, one street up from the boardwalk and less people were there. It was great and cheap. We walked into Venice a little bit. I found my new favorite surf shop called Mollusk. And my new favorite eatery: Seed-all organic and vegan. Saturday night I went to bed by 9p.

Sunday was late wake up, and party plan for the Super Bowl. Once again, Katie and I took charge to put the party together and it went off without a hitch.

I'm on here now writing to you. Thanks for reading I have one last thing to say...

I love you Mom.
I love you Dad.
I love you Kelsea.
I love you Seth.
I love you Ray.
I love you Rick.
I love you Dawn.
I love you Kellen.
I love you Kaylie.
I love you Jacob.
I love you Megan.
I love you Adam.
I love you Neil.
I love you Andrew.
I love you Kyle K.
I love you Kyle G.
I love you Phil.
I love you Elise.
I love you Allison.
I love you Dawn A.
I love you Adam D.
I love you Bridget.
I love you Cassie.
I love you Pam.
I love you Scott.
I love you Heidi.
I love you everyone. I miss you all so much.

Talk soon, Aloha

No comments: