
(Picture is of Katie and I at the Chelsea Lately taping, featured guest was Katy Perry!)
Well, since we spoke last a lot has happened...
On Monday, our team had to reassemble for work after the greatest four-day weekend on record. Let me tell you, it was brutal! I had a hard time concentrating and then once I got in the groove at work I seemed to get a lot done. It was one of the most productive days I have had while working at TOMS!
Monday night was great, we had a cleaning party/house meeting/house bonding activity. And, as a whole it was a great time to bond and reconnect. It was a healthy activity in that we talked about a lot of the issues that we had and everything was on the table. It was healthy growth for the house.
Then, TUESDAY happened. I don't know why I emphasized Tuesday as though it was intense it was not. But it was definitely a backwards day. Our door broke, Danielle's car wouldn't start along with a slough of other not-so-pleasant things happened yesterday. At work, we were locked out because the permanent staff was out of the office at a secret meeting. So, we had no power, couldn't get in and all had to huddle in a room to work! It was fantastic.
Then, Tuesday after work we came home and tried to get ready for Kate's birthday. She's turning 23. Some of us were interested in seeing Travis, the office manager, play at a local lounge Tuesday night. It was great because we got there about an hour before Travis was scheduled to go on. It was an open mic night, but an LA open mic night. So, everyone was super awesome because they're all trying to get their foot in the door. I had a glass of chardonnay and enjoyed the couple of hours we were there.
Then, I got home and tried to get to bed quickly because we had plans to take Kate out to breakfast before work. Which means we had to be up super early. It went off without a hitch because we all hustle and bustled out of the house by 7:55a. We tricked her into throwing out her oatmeal while we were driving-so she wouldn't be full for breakfast-and she believed me when I told her the oatmeal smelled bad/rotten. That detail was key so that she was super hungry and thirsty for coffee by the time we made it to Panera Bread and Bakery. All day has been awesome, I'm at work not planning part two of three of Kate's birthday celebration.
My phone should be arriving today.
I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment