It's only December 1, 2008 and I have two weeks left of my undergraduate adventure.
I'm freaking out-to say the least.
I just had BESTIE TOUR '08 though, so the next couple of weeks seems a little easier, I can breathe a little better with the rejuvenation after visiting Kellen and Jacob in New York and Chicago, respectively. Kellen works at PEI, and Jacob works at Chicago Jobs Council. It was a much needed break, and I'm more ready for the next couple weeks, for sure!
What this trip has done for me is unquantifiable. For one of the first times in my life, I feel like I have some direction. Did you know that I didn't shop ONCE in New York, that's crazy! But what it showed me was that if I really want to accomplish my dreams, I must act now to ensure it can happen. Being in New York, it made me yearn to be there. I want to live there so bad!!! Not even because I was there, and Kellen living there is a bonus, it isn't my reason for this desire. I desparately need to be in that environment and culture; going to school at Columbia Law School would be AMAZING!!! I will end up there, I'll work for that!
But, I'm still in the thick of it here in Bellingham. I have a ton of homework, a ton of other things in my life I'd like to tackle before I head to my internship in Santa Monica and dealing with a depressing break-up with Adam.
I started this because my professor, Bliss Goldstein said writing is therapeutic and that I could really benefit from it. So, I'm trying it.
And so...the journey begins....
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment