I graduated 12 hours ago.
My mom and that whole side of the family were in town for a couple of days to celebrate. It was exactly what I needed to get me through the week. I miss being home and with my family. They don't know that, because I'm not good at expressing, but I hope they felt the love and adoration I have for them.
...
But now, I'm finally sitting by myself in my empty room, waiting for the 22nd to get here to return home. Even worse than the reservoir of tears backed up behind my eyes, I watched Family Stone tonight with the roomies, so I'm a little more nostalgic about my place in the world.
I graduated, took pictures, had lunch with my Pops, Sissy and Dawn and my aunt and Kaylie. Afterwards, I spent all afternoon packing and going through everything I have saved for the last four years. It was bittersweet. Kaylie was here to reminisce about everything together. I have been trying to hold it all together for the past couple of days because I want to seem in control of my emotions, whilst everything else in life is not completely in my control.
I had a grad party at Lisa's, and I almost wept. I gave a toast, and got a lot of accolades which is going to make me miss this place. Lisa is amazing. We sang karaoke!
Nevertheless, I'm at the top floor of our house, in an empty room, sitting in my recliner staring out at the beautiful snowy scene waiting to cry. It will come. It will be a good release.
Love
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
well, you made me cry at least.
i love you.
Post a Comment