Thursday, January 8, 2009

Baggage Claim


(Picture is me walking on the beach by our house at sunset.)

Just arrived at the airport. My bag was 69 pounds-insert laugh-and that is what she said.

Sucks! An overweight bag on delta is $90. Boo. Whatever. On top of the $15 for the first bag, my trip's off to a great start.

Anyhoozlebees! I'm siting by my gate-kinda tearing up. Leaving Seth and my mom and rick bums me out. My dad and I had a great time and my sister and I got super close over break. I'm going to miss that. If you're wondering-I'm going to miss the austins and cass, too. Please be thinking and keeping scott in your prayers.

Besides that...I'm going to have a lot of down time today! Reading and slumming at the airport. But, this is it. I stared over. LA for a while and then Peace Corps. It's all happening and it feels so good!

Assignment for today: tell someone you love them. Look them in the eyes and say it genuinely. So, they know you mean it. I saw a lot of friends and all my family while at home, what I learned is a deficiency in all of us to just let the people closest to us how we feel.

I'll be in touch! Now I get to work on a real tan-I'm kinda burnt from kelsea and I obsessively and competitively tanning. She's winning.

Ok-I'm out. I just needed to write!

I'll be back soon...

Aloha

No comments: